TEC Summer Institute for Educators Intro to Laser Engraving and Cutting Essentials
Prerequisite: Intro to Laser Engraving and Cutting Essentials and Intro to Waterjet Cutting with WAZER, or laser engraving knowledge/experience.
Earn 8 PDU hours!
IMPORTANT! Hardware Requirements – Bring Your Laptop and USB!
If you are attending the Laser, WAZER or 3D Printing courses, you will need to bring your own laptop and a USB drive on-site during training. We will also ask you to download software PRIOR to coming for training. If you are unable to bring your own laptop or your laptop doesn’t meet the hardware requirements, please contact us at 1-800-338-2238 or email [email protected].
Hardware Requirements for Laser and WAZER Courses
Prior to the course, you will need to install the Corel 2021 Standard 15-day Trial. The minimum requirements for Corel 2021 are:
• Windows 10*, 64-bit, with latest Updates
• Intel Core i3/5/7/9 or AMD Ryzen 3/5/7/9/Threadripper, EPYC
• 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
• 2.5 GB available hard disk space for application and installation files
• Multi-touch screen, mouse or tablet • 1280 x 720 screen resolution at 100% (96 dpi)
• Internet connection
*CorelDRAW Standard 2021 supports Windows 10, version 2004, 20H2 and later versions.
Advanced Laser Engraving and Waterjet Cutting Concepts 1-Day Course Description:
This is the next step after completing the Basic Laser and WAZER courses. We will incorporate using both machines to create a combined project using the strengths of each machine.
Topics that will be covered:
Corel Advanced Concepts
- More tricks and hacks
Laser – Advanced Setup
- Figuring correct setting for material
WAM Web-based Software
- Importing Corel File
- Scale position
- Cutting paths
- Tabs and leads WAM
- Configuring for the material