July 11th and 12th (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Taught by: Tom Lamont, Vocational Instructor at Blackstone Valley RTHS and Garrett Smawley, Roland DGA Technical Sales Manager – 3D and Education
- Location: Roland Imagination Center, Wilmington, MA
- Earn PDU Certificate for 16 hours
- Cost: $275, Lunch Included
Lab Fee: FREE! RolandDGA is generously supplying complimentary blanks for attendees to experiment with!
- Class size: Max. 16 people
? Course Description
Team taught by experienced instructor Tom Lamont of Blackstone Valley RVTHS and special guest Garrett Smawley, Roland DGA Technical Sales Manager – 3D and Education. Plan to immerse yourself in this hands-on, 2-day workshop where you will learn how to introduce the latest Graphic Technologies and application methods into your classroom using industry-leading Roland equipment. Explore the range of workforce-ready skills your students can learn as Tom and Garrett provide a ton of resources, knowledge, and advice on graphic technologies and how to start, promote/sustain, and grow your program. “Make and take” a bunch of your own projects, plus take home your own Roland Graphics Tool Kit!
Topics that will be covered:
- Roland Product Overview – types of machines and what your students can make with them
- Introduction to Print/Cut and UV Project Workflows from file importing/setup to printing
- Selecting appropriate Media and Inks for a variety applications
- Roland Project Based Learning modules overview
- Roland Versaworks Software Tips and Tricks
- Layout and design considerations
- Vehicle wraps…apply your self-made graphic to the vehicle we’ll have on-site!
- Post-processing techniques
- Learn how to print canvas bags, stickers, golf balls, coasters, banners, window clings, t-shirts, car wraps, and much more!
- LOTS of HANDS-ON TIME!! Roll up your sleeves and learn how it’s done!
- Guidance for starting your own graphic technologies program/student run print shop including classroom materials, sample materials, resources, and much more!